BA (Honours) Arts and Humanities
From poetry to string quartets, and from sculpture to short stories, the extraordinary range of human culture offers rich possibilities for study. This broad and absorbing course develops a deep understanding of the world we live in and how we got here, covering a fascinating variety of perspectives, periods and subjects – including art history, classical studies, creative writing, English language and English literature, history, modern languages, music, philosophy and religious studies.
Key features of the course
- Study a wide variety of subjects with the opportunity to specialise in one or two disciplines to tailor the degree to your interests or needs
- Explore new ways of thinking about the arts and humanities and their relevance in contemporary societies and cultures
- Learn from the OU’s world-class academic research, through high quality module materials and engage with fellow students from around the world
- Develop a range of skills, including effective communication, critical thinking, analysis and self-directed work
- Enrich your knowledge, prepare yourself for further study, or improve your employability in a range of careers